Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Paul,

The standard Holley fittings are these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271841199...EAAOSwEeFVMLPG

They are thin steel washers with a rubber coating, so if it were me I'd order the correct ones and leave the car in the garage until fitted - or at least carry a fire extinguisher in the cockpit just in case the leak gets worse!

And as Jon rightly says - never use PTFE due to the risk of debris either holding the needle valve open and causing flooding, or blocking a jet.
    Last edited by conrod; 10-06-21 at 12:44 PM.
    Alan

Ex CRC Thames Valley Regional Rep - please contact me if you're interested in taking on the role!
    UK Rep for European Cobra Club (eurocobra.boards.net)

Dax 427 DeDion - now sold
    2003 E85 Z4 3.0i - the new toy!

Paul - I've only just seen that you left me a voicemail this morning. I've just tried to call you back but it went to voicemail.

Having now looked at a spare Holley I have sitting on the shelf, that washer you have is totally wrong and will never seal properly. If you unscrew the fitting you'll see that there's a lip inside the inlet opening in the fuel bowl - and that's where the washer/gasket should locate. That lip was drilled and machined along with the thread, whereas the outer rim is just part of the cast body - so you need to order the correct gaskets to be sure of a fuel-tight seal.
    Alan

Ex CRC Thames Valley Regional Rep - please contact me if you're interested in taking on the role!

Paul,
    If you have some, I can recommend Loctite 577. I’ve used it on my fuel unions to a Holley carb’ since I was advised to on this forum a few years back - with great success.
    You have to be patient and leave it 12 hours minimum before putting fuel pressure behind it, that’s all.
    Good luck.

Neil

Paul.

Further to our telephone chat, the adaptor Aaron provided the link to (see below) has the correct Holley seat, and according to the ATEC catalogue the 647.072 fitting has a -6 JIC thread. So you just need to replace the current incorrect adaptor with the correct one then screw the new assembly to the bowl. You should do the same for the primary inlet fitting too.

As a dog owner/lover myself, I hope your dog recovers OK. I'm currently trying to train a very hyperactive 9 month old miniature schnauzer!

Quote Originally Posted by aaronjb View Post
    I did a bunch of reading recently and I believe you're right, Incey - standard Holley et al is 7/8-20 parallel threads, face sealing with supplied plastic or fibre washers.. IIRC my QuickFuel has plastic sealing washers (I say plastic but they'll be something fuel safe, obviously).

I think, but this could be entirely wrong, that the sealing washer should be softer than the metal either side of it - so aluminium/copper on a steel sump, plastic/fibre/O-ring on aluminium carb? I do see 'china made' kits with steel washers but it looks more like the US-made stuff has fibre/plastic or O-rings..

Also.. what's the shite shmoo coming out of the ATEC fitting? Looking up that part number it's a female JIC fitting which seals on the conical inner face and needs no sealant, so I hope that isn't liquid PTFE

You could replace the fuel bowl fitting with one of these, which has the O-ring included and your female JIC (ATEC fitting) will screw on to: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/382268966...0AAMXQCndRh4ul
    Alan

As a dog owner/lover myself, I hope your dog recovers OK. I'm currently trying to train a very hyperactive 9 month old miniature schnauzer!
    Thanks Alan, I hope so too, as she has such a lovely nature and has become part of the family.

Really appreciate all the advice guys, and of course won’t be driving it until this leak is fixed. At least I now know why its leaking and what type of connections and sealing washers I need to fit and will get these ordered asap.

However it doesn’t look like I will be able to get stuck in to fixing this any time soon, as our rescue staffy cross needs my constant attention , having had 3 tumours removed a few weeks ago, which didn’t go well and due to their positions, all the stitches pulled out a few days later , the wounds opened right up with blood everywhere, and are now infected and I have one very distraught doggy in a lot of pain, who won’t keep bl—dy still ,and is constantly trying to rip off the protective collar ,which is delaying the healing process. And because the wounds are infected , the flesh wont take any more stitches, so its just a case of applying huge plasters , which is very tricky ,as she runs off each time i go near the wounds . Anyway fingers crossed the cancer has not spread, which the vet is saying could be the case, which for such a young dog would be an awfully sad prospect.

I will let you know how i progress with my leak.

Paul
    Last edited by psh; 11-06-21 at 11:34 AM.
    Paul.

AK Huddart Chevy 383 Stroker, BMW Royal Grey Metal Metallic , 5 speed Jaguar Getrag , Holley 670cfm 4 barrel street Avenger Carb, 450 BHP at flywheel , 460 Ibs/ft torque, and luvin it !

" We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing" - George Bernard Shaw.

Red face

Sorry, i went a bit off topic there.
    Paul.

AK Huddart Chevy 383 Stroker, BMW Royal Grey Metal Metallic , 5 speed Jaguar Getrag , Holley 670cfm 4 barrel street Avenger Carb, 450 BHP at flywheel , 460 Ibs/ft torque, and luvin it !

" We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing" - George Bernard Shaw.

Doesnt matter - and hope it works out - they are part of the family, so distressing when they are ill.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12