Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hod bow seal

Hod bow seal

hi
    what have people used in the top of windscreen frame to make a good seal with hood bows when fitting hood
    regards graham

Most people just stick a foam strip in there, sorry can’t remember how thick it needs to be but it does vary.
    Martin

351W 416.7 HP and 466.8 ft-lbs

Running Mega Squirt and Edis 8

Gorilla tape stuck across the front of the hood and windscreen is the best I have found. It is also used on racing Cobras.
    Cheers, Clive

(If I'm not here, I'm either in my new workshop or on the golf course!)

When I get around to it, I am going to look at getting a length of rubber trim, something like this https://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/produ...w-weatherstrip and wedge it in the groove along the top of the screen and maybe customise it to fit inside the Bow "U" channel.

It depends what it looks like once its fitted , as to whether I leave it in position or chuck it in the boot when the hoods not up.

Paul
    Paul.

AK Huddart Chevy 383 Stroker, BMW Royal Grey Metal Metallic , 5 speed Jaguar Getrag , Holley 670cfm 4 barrel street Avenger Carb, 450 BHP at flywheel , 460 Ibs/ft torque, and luvin it !

" We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing" - George Bernard Shaw.

It'll usually leak in the middle where the notch is no matter how it's sealed, although I don't faff with the over centre rivets having drilled them out and replaced them with 'T' shape S/S levers which are far better/quicker than trying to crease the hooding back on its self....Clip the sides on, jump in and turn the levers 90 degs. whilst keeping dry!

Steve
    AK 427, Chevy 350, Jag Getrag

If you can make it - MAKE IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-Art View Post
    It'll usually leak in the middle where the notch is no matter how it's sealed, although I don't faff with the over centre rivets having drilled them out and replaced them with 'T' shape S/S levers which are far better/quicker than trying to crease the hooding back on its self....Clip the sides on, jump in and turn the levers 90 degs. whilst keeping dry!

Steve
    Sounds interesting, have you got any piccies.

Paul
    Paul.

AK Huddart Chevy 383 Stroker, BMW Royal Grey Metal Metallic , 5 speed Jaguar Getrag , Holley 670cfm 4 barrel street Avenger Carb, 450 BHP at flywheel , 460 Ibs/ft torque, and luvin it !

" We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing" - George Bernard Shaw.

Quote Originally Posted by psh View Post
    Sounds interesting, have you got any piccies.

Paul

I'll nip in the garage later and take a couple Paul

Steve

Pics not great but you can get the gist

2021 cobra (2).jpg

2021 cobra (1).jpg

2021 cobra (3).jpg
    Last edited by Steve-Art; 25-06-21 at 07:35 PM. Reason: add pics

I'll nip in the garage later and take a couple Paul

Steve

Thanks Steve.
    Paul.

Pics not great but you can get the gist

It took me a while to work out how this works (I had a better look at pic 3 and the penny dropped) but that's a nice simple solution - I'll be trying to cobble that one together before the trip to Cumbria this weekend thank you Steve.
    David (AKA Firestarter29)

Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast