Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

What a load of pants.

Best Regards

Robert

Crossed over for a while - Overlanding - Some people are just like slinkies, they don't really have a purpose but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

RE: What a load of pants.

Does that include smoking rear tyres????????????? In public.

{-} {-} {-} {-}

robert,

Sorry to totally disagree with you, but this would be a ban I would love to see. f'in disgustin habit.

G.D. Chevy 350

Chris
    Welcome back my friends to the build that never ends....

Chris,
    While you might like to see THIS ONE you have to ask yourself what will be next? Fast food? Beer? Scotch? Cobras? Don't chuckle, the do gooders are out to get you! We cannot pick and choose our laws on whimsical feelings.

The whole second hand smoke scare is just that. I am not going to go into it but if anyone is interested they can start by reading this:

http://www.davehitt.com/facts/index.html

If you want more I've got it.

Roscoe

Roscoe,

If smokers want to give themselves a premature and painful death, probably by lung, or throat cancer, heart disease or a stroke, then its their life - do what they want, Just dont inflict it on me. I dont want to come out of restaurant coughing, or stinking of smoke and I dont want my (young) children exposed to it. Smoking IS a killer, passive smoking cannot be immune (no smoke without fire!)

The internet is full of pro and opposition groups with their own ideas and agendas,(and "hidden" sponsors) and it can all be made to sound very scientific and plausable - its easy to preach to the converted.

G.D. Chevy 350

Chris
    Welcome back my friends to the build that never ends....

I'm an ex-smoker myself. I don't have a problem with anyone filling their lungs with tar it's their choice.
    But I do object to being in a pub / restaurant etc. and breathing it in myself, and worse than that going home and stinking like an old ash tray. Clothes that were clean on only hours before having to go straight back in wash pile.
    A real annoyance for me is that many smokers don't actually take more than 2 or 3 pulls on a cigarette, but just stand there with it burning away and blowing in my face.

Rant over!

Kev Davies
    Dax, 383ci Chevy Stroker, Tremec TKO
    South Wales

:f :f :f
    Kev Davies
    South Wales Area Rep. UKCC Membership Secretary
    DAX Mk4, 383 Chevy Stroker, Tremec. SOLD
    Contemporary CCX 3-4028, 445ci Big Block FORD FE,TKO 600, Old School IVA'd and SOLD
    Dax De Dion LS2 and T56 IVA'd June '17 SOLD
    1965 Ford Mustang 289 Convertible SOLD
    In build- Hawk 289 Sebring Awaiting IVA

So what you are both saying is that we should outlaw smoking in ALL placed just so you two can walk in and say 'Ahhhh'? I truly believe that if a pub, restaurant, etc wants to allow smoking it is their prerogative. If they lose business because of it they might reconsider. If they have many customers that smoke then he should be allowed to do with his business as he sees fit.

I am a former smoker also but I do believe in individual rights. This includes the rights of business owners to make their rules regarding smoking.

This is a slippery slope and if you take it to it's logical conclusion the do gooders, greens, environmental whackos, etc will have your balls too!

If you don't like smoke in one place find one that accomodates non smokers.

Roscoe

OOOHHHH....can.....worms.....
    WARNING: Translation of author's random thoughts may have resulted in the unintended introduction of grammatical errors, typos, technical inaccuracies, lies, propaganda, rhetoric, blasphemy, rambling, and/or exhibition of shocking levels of ignorance.

Robert
    What a wind up merchant!!!!
    There is in my view only one sensible way to stop smoking and that is to ban it in public places. There will be a high cost re loss of jobs in the hospitality industry (the largest employeer in the UK)as seen by examples elswhere in the world.
    However all the continual nanny state laws are gradually eroding our way of life here in Britain; I cannot say GB because we are not great; I cannot say UK because we are not united. Everything is don't do this and don't do that!
    No creativity; every high street the same etc etc.

Surely Cobra builders/owners/dreamers are different because of their wish to be different otherwise just buy a:
    1. MX5
    2.Boxster/TT
    3. 911
    etc etc

If we want to be different then we need to be able to be so. In Europe some countries do not have SVA therefore no Cobras.

So smoky clothes? Wash them or don't go there.
    Only patronise smoke free restaurants as decided by their proprietors
    Or stay at home and watch Big Brother/Eastenders or some other purile c**p.

No opinion or patronising just freedom of choice

Stephen}(

I do a lot of heroin, meself. Makes driving below the speed limit a whole lot more fun - I thoroughly recommend it...

... seems to be cheaper than this Cobra lark...

NOTE: The above was meant as a JOKE. Of course heroin is more expensive in the long term...
    Reverend Robin
    GD427 Euro

He who dies with the most tools wins

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast